StrokeIt

New tab

Posted by Alen 
Alen
New tab
April 15, 2012 08:25AM
Hello.
I have a problem with StrokeIt.
So far, it was working nice, but in last 2 days a bug apeared.
New tab command, close and minimize commands are not working.

I am using Windows 7 64-bits and home version of StrokeIt.
Re: New tab
April 17, 2012 07:49PM
Are you talking about a browser? Which browser?

Have you tried adding an OSD or Play Sound command to your action in order to see whether the gesture is registered at all?

Have you tried using Train Gesture (or whatever it's called) to see whether Srokeit recognizes your gesture?

If the gesture is recognized and the OSD or sound happens correctly, it must be something in the browser that has changed. Double check the hotkey commands as set in Strokeit, and check whether a browser upgrade has changed hotkeys.

If the OSD/sound doesn't happen, perhaps you have assigned the same gesture to another action. Go through all your applications and/or global to make sure everything is set correctly. Duplicate actions or applications could be the culprit.

Good luck!
Alen
April 30, 2012 03:56PM
Cerberus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you talking about a browser? Which browser?
>
> Have you tried adding an OSD or Play Sound command
> to your action in order to see whether the gesture
> is registered at all?
>
> Have you tried using Train Gesture (or whatever
> it's called) to see whether Srokeit recognizes
> your gesture?
>
> If the gesture is recognized and the OSD or sound
> happens correctly, it must be something in the
> browser that has changed. Double check the hotkey
> commands as set in Strokeit, and check whether a
> browser upgrade has changed hotkeys.
>
> If the OSD/sound doesn't happen, perhaps you have
> assigned the same gesture to another action. Go
> through all your applications and/or global to
> make sure everything is set correctly. Duplicate
> actions or applications could be the culprit.
>
> Good luck!

Nope, nothing works.
Gesture has stayed the same, sound plays, there is no train gestures.
New tab gesture, which is by default made by moving mouse to the uper-right corner, is not working.
I can see normal gesture blue line, but the action is missing, new tab page doesn't open.

And Im using google chrome.
May 03, 2012 03:49AM
Are you sure you have the right hotkey set as your command? It should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/WbKOl.jpg
Alen
May 03, 2012 03:20PM
Yes, I have checked it several times and i know i haven't change anything.
CTRL+T works fine on keyboard, but StrokeIt command (default is moving mouse from left to the upper right corner) is not working. Paste action, close action and some other, are not working too.
May 04, 2012 02:55PM
But you said the sound worked, so the gestures must work. I'm assuming you assigned a sound as a command to a gesture in your Chrome application in SI.

If not, have you checked the identifiers for your SI Chrome application? Try the crosshair again: perhaps the identifier changed with some new Chrome version.
Alen
May 04, 2012 05:19PM
What are "identifiers for SI Chrome application" ? I dont understand that part.
May 05, 2012 06:43AM
http://i.imgur.com/67WGD.jpg

Your Stroke It should look similar to mine. You need to have these identifiers, or at least the bottom one. You can get them by clicking on the Chrome application (where it says "Google Chrome" in my picture—if you haven't created a Chrome application yet, do so). Then click "Add...", then drag the crosshair over your Chrome window, then click OK. Then make sure your commands have the correct hotkeys as we talked about above.

If you're not sure, you could make some screenshots of your Stroke It, with the elements on them that I have shown you in my screenshots.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 06:49AM by Cerberus.
Alen
May 10, 2012 12:57PM
Thank you, it works finaly.
I had same two identifiers as you did, but now there is a third one.."CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_1" :)

Thanks again ;)
May 11, 2012 06:50AM
Ah yes, those evil applications change their identifiers sometimes, really nasty!
May 11, 2012 07:20AM
That has been an issue for several other applications in the past, mostly for those that release updates/new versions regularly (browsers in particular). They tend to change window class for some unknown reason. You should check that for every new release when something weird happens.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 23?