Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Right-click irresponsive during Winrar operation

Posted by t0yz 
Right-click irresponsive during Winrar operation
October 15, 2010 03:30AM
Hello,

During Winrar extracting of larger archives, my right click function is almost not responding at all. If I disable StrokeIt from the taskbar, it starts working normally.

I have a Core 2 Duo at 3 GHz and a 320 GB HDD with 7200 rpm, 4 GB RAM. I think this should be enough processing power for both Winrar/StrokeIt? During extraction, CPU is anywhere below 40%. Mouse is Logitech Performance MX with Setpoint 6.15 (latest).

I didn't submit this officially because I don't know if it is really a bug. Maybe someone comes with some clever info, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you.
Re: Right-click irresponsive during Winrar operation
November 06, 2010 08:56PM
Hi T0yz, I have the exact same hardware, except the mouse (Microsoft), and I have no problem with right-click responsiveness during Winrar extracting, which I have just tested. I right-clicked and stroked a lot, all went OK. My CPU load was about 23% on one core, next to nothing on the other - I presume that this depends on the kind of file and the kind of operation that Winrar is carrying out. I am on Win XP 32 Pro SP3. I really have no idea what it is that causes your issue. Could it be some conflict with other software? Are you using the latest version of StrokeIt (9.7)? Have you tried reinstalling StrokeIt? Good luck.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2010 08:59PM by Cerberus.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 20?