Contact Us

StrokeIt

Middle Button Click changes "Forward"

Posted by Kida 
Kida
Middle Button Click changes "Forward"
August 25, 2010 05:30PM
Hi!

I installed this program today and fell in love immediately... but there is a thing that bothers me...

When the gestures are draw with the right button, then selecting a file with this button won't really work. But I use that very often: selecting a file, dragging it via taskbar to another folder (for example) to copy it there... normally the files gets selected when right-click&hold on it and dragging it with you, but with active StrokeIt this won't work...

To not have this "problem" I said to draw gestures with the middle button, but now the "forward"-command won't work right. I have a mouse with two extra buttons. I configured one for "folder/site backward" and one for "folder/site forward"... but after StrokeIt is said to drwa via middle button the "forward"-action also becomes an "backward"-action...

Please, I hope you understand my problem... and maybe there is a solution to this? I really would love to use StrokeIt!!

bye Kida

PS: sorry, I'm not a native-speaker, so maybe my english is a little off...
Re: Middle Button Click changes "Forward"
August 25, 2010 10:19PM
Hi Kida. I didn't quite understand this sentence: "...the "forward"-action also becomes an "backward"-action... ". Did you perhaps assign Middle button both as a general gesture button, and as a button that is linked to a specific action? That shouldn't happen, since you can't press the middle button while holding down the same button - though I have no idea whether that would cause problems.

I also move files with the right mouse button all the time, and I also have the right mouse button as the gesture button. I set StrokeIt to have gestures "time out" after 250 miliseconds: this means that, if I hold down the right mouse button for longer than 250 miliseconds without moving it, StrokeIt lets go of the mouse, and you can drag files as you used to. When you let the button go up again, things are back to normal.
So if I want to draw a mouse gesture, I do it fast, without pausing; if I want to move a file, I right-drag the file to where I want it, then stop moving while holding down the right mouse button, then wait for the gesture's line to disappear, and let go of the button.

Have fun with StrokeIt!
Kida
August 26, 2010 03:19AM
Ah! Then I could maybe set the timeout to 50 to let it work a little faster, right? =)
thanks, didn't think it had something to do with that! =)

Hm, it means, when I change to drawing with the middle button, the other button (which has nothing to do with the gestures) changes it's habits. Normally when I press it, it works as "forward" for example in folders, firefox or this window picture preview... but after changing to drawing with the middle button this won't work anymore and when pressing the button its going backwards instead of forward. The old backwards-button, works as before though..... =(

Anyway, thank you! =)
August 26, 2010 07:05PM
You could set it to 50; perhaps too many of your gestures will be cut off when you hesitate, but you can just experiment, it might be good for you. (250 is 1/4th of a second.)

I really have no idea why your buttons are misbehaving, I'm sorry. I don't have a mouse with more than 3 buttons. What happens if you change the drawing button to mouse button 4, or 5? (Or are those options only available in the professional version...?)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 2?