Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Old StrokeIt config after deinstallation and new installation

Posted by Stevo 
Hi there! I accidentially deleted an important action (minimize all) and wanted to get it back by deinstalling and then new installing the app. But after the new installation, the app uses the config i made before... Can you tell me, where this config file is saved, so I can delete it, or is there an opportunity to redo any change I made in the app? Greetz
Re: Old StrokeIt config after deinstallation and new installation
March 04, 2010 06:08AM
In case you're on Win7, the actions are saved in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\TCB Networks\StrokeIt\Actions" if you have not changed the path, but it's much faster to recreate that action than to bother uninstalling and reinstalling it again. Not mentioning that "Minimize All" should be in "Global Actions" (those reside in "default.cfg") and you'll lose other changes made to globals if you delete that file.

Create a new action in Global actions, assign a gesture to it, add a new "Keys - Hotkey" command to it, and enter "Win + M" combo (which is Minimize All) into the editbox. Alternatively, you could use "Win + D" instead. That's "Show Desktop". "Minimize All" tends not to minimize all every time, and "Show Desktop" has the "side-effect" of restoring all windows when you click one of them on the taskbar (or use Alt-Tab, or whatever).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2010 06:09AM by gemisigo.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 6?