Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

rightclick death

Posted by Glen Murphy 
Glen Murphy
rightclick death
January 26, 2002 12:53AM
<HTML>Using 9b6, whenever I right click on a file and select 'UltraEdit' (my favourite text editor) UltraEdit takes about 20 seconds to fire up (it's usually instant) and explorer dies in the arse - windows refuse to acknowledge mouseup (ie I can't stop dragging them) alt-tabbing just freaks out, and other windows just freeze until I close stroke-it.

This has only happened since I installed 9b6, I am using a clean (3 day old) install of WinXP, with all the latest patches on a Laptop.</HTML>
Jeff
Re: rightclick death
January 26, 2002 01:50AM
<HTML>Try disabling the "gesture timeout" feature, and let me know if that fixes anything for you.</HTML>
Glen Murphy
January 26, 2002 05:36AM
<HTML>no :(

I tested this about 30 times with and without, on the same file, after reboots etc, stroke-it on and off.

and another thing - right clicking on the stroke-it taskbar icon doesn't change its state anymore. eeep.

microsoft's error report server must be chockas from all the process-killing I've had to do }:D</HTML>
Glen Murphy
January 26, 2002 05:43AM
<HTML>and also, it doesn't matter which button I assign stroke-it to.</HTML>
Jeff
January 26, 2002 01:04PM
<HTML>I suspect one of your files (mhook.dll) did not update properly. Try uninstalling StrokeIt, rebooting, and reinstalling it.</HTML>
Jeff
January 26, 2002 01:36PM
<HTML>Try this build and let me know if it fixes/changes things:

<a href="http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/files/beta/StrokeIt9b6b.exe">http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/files/beta/StrokeIt9b6b.exe</a>

Note: this is not an official build, and not for general release.</HTML>
Glen Murphy
January 27, 2002 07:55PM
<HTML>After installing 9b6b:

UltraEdit is still taking ages to fire up, although -now- it takes age regardless of whether stroke-it is running/installed. Bizarre.

And right-clicking on the stroke-it icon to disable it (make it go red) now works.

Very confusing.</HTML>
Jeff
January 27, 2002 08:09PM
<HTML>I don't think your ultraedit problems are related to StrokeIt.

Are you experiencing any of the problems with explorer or windows not acknowledging mouse up?

-- Jeff</HTML>
ferzal
January 27, 2002 10:43PM
<HTML>If you've just updated to UltraEdit 9.0 recently this might have something to do with it. I've used Ultraedit for years and I switched back to 8.2 from 9 because of the delay in launching and the bulk it added without any significant improvement in the app itself.
It certainly didn't take 20 seconds to launch though... just a bit longer than 8.2.
If you have upgrade to 9 I would recommend uninstalling and going back to an 8.x version and seeing how things go. I've had no problems with StrokeIt and UltraEdit at all and I use them both all day - literally :P</HTML>
Glen Murphy
January 28, 2002 06:33PM
<HTML>> <i>Are you experiencing any of the problems with explorer or windows not acknowledging mouse up?</i>

I experience this every now and again, and when ultraedit is busy going crazy and making everything go nuts, it happens all the time - windows end up getting attached to the mouse until I can alt-tab / ctrl-shift-esc away from them.

It all seems to be running much nicer now.

Except when I forget to disable strokeit while playing Tribes2 and end up plummetting to my death. *sigh* :)</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 8?