Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

The soft "everything" can't recognize any gesture on win7

Posted by alex0 
The soft "everything" can't recognize any gesture on win7
January 14, 2010 08:32PM
Hi,

I aways use the soft "everything" to search file and it go well with StrokeIt. When I changed my OS into win7, the gestures couldn't be recognized on "everything" and chm viewer. So I updated StrokeIt from 0.9.5 to 0.9.7 and chm viewer got right. but [url=http://www.voidtools.com/]"everything"[/url] still had the problem. I tried using XP compatibility mode but I failed again. Is there any way for the problem?

Thanks,

Edit: Added url

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 02:45AM by Leo.
Re: The soft "everything" can't recognize any gesture on win7
January 15, 2010 02:16AM
Compatibility won't do anything to solve that. If it's actions defined for "everything" only that do not work, you should take a look at the class/file/window title that identifies the application. It might happen that they are different for "everything" under Win7 and XP.
If global actions do not work either and then the problem is probably caused by something else and you should report the issue here : http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/bugs/. There are some applications that refuse to work well with StrokeIt because of their weird /nonstandard window/class management.
alex0, do you solved the problem? I have it too on many application.

Thank you for any hint!

Volker
July 30, 2010 02:32AM
Which ones?
July 30, 2010 01:10PM
... and what window Classes is your StrokeIt using to identify these applications? Click on the application in the list in StrokeIt, and you see "CLASS:blahblah".
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 21?