Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Gestures are not recongnized on Windows XP SP3 Machine

Posted by Raj 
Hi,

I have installed a brand new machine with Windows XP SP3. I am having problems with StrokeIt recongnizing any gesture. I have installed ver .95, .96 and now .97 with no success. Can you help me identify the problem. I have never had any issues with StrokeIt before. I would certainly appreciate any help to resolve this problem since I am hooked on StrokeIt.

Thanks,
Leo
Re: Gestures are not recongnized on Windows XP SP3 Machine
January 08, 2010 04:50PM
Hello Raj,

Do you install this ? Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher.
[url=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en]VC8 redist package[/url]

Does StrokeIt icon turn blue if you press "draw button" ?
Do you restart Computer ?
Does the file strokes.bin has content ?
Do uninstall prior StrokeIt versions and restart after uninstallation?

regards

Leo
January 13, 2010 12:46AM
Leo,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) I have .NET 2.0 , 3.0 and 3.5
2) I have the VC8 redist package installed
3) StrokeIt icon turns blue when I press "draw button" and drag the mouse, not otherwise.
4) I have restarted the computer several times after installing Strokeit.
5) Strokes.bin is 23 Bytes in size. It seems this might be the problem. On machines where it works the file size is 4.5KB. When I install that file and restart Strokeit the file is reintiatilized to 23 bytes.
6) Yes, I did uninstall older version of StrokeIT before I installed the .97. StrokeIt never worked on this machine even version .95.

Thanks,

Raj

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 12:59AM by kipwood.
Leo
January 13, 2010 02:55AM
Hello Raj,

5) That is the problem.

Try to import [url=http://home.arcor.de/strokeit/index2.html]strokeit.tk[/url] *Actions
Jeff Doozan StrokeIt Standard. Or edit the file and save the part gestures as STROKES.BIN without <GESTURE>and </GESTURE>and replace the 23 byte STROKES.BIN.
Before Replacing Shutdown StrokeIt.

Good luck

Leo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 03:00AM by Leo.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 20?