Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

windows 7 alt problem

Posted by kibox 
UV
Re: windows 7 alt problem
November 23, 2010 10:13AM
Hey, gemisigo i tried what you said and it never came up when using the WM_CLOSE method, but what i noticed was this, if you are just using the WM_CLOSE method all by it's self it should not cause that problem, however i added back in the original Hotkey - Alt+F4 option with the WM_CLOSE method and now i am seeing what you are seeing. I am getting the option to close down windows. So i suppose you delete the default hotkey setting and just have the WM_CLOSE one. Post your results.
November 23, 2010 12:24PM
I'm not sure I understand. Are you executing both commands (the hotkey ALT+F4 and the Post Message WM_CLOSE) with the same action? I changed the Hotkey command to be Post Message so it is not present anymore.
UV
November 23, 2010 12:59PM
I am only running the one command Post Message WM_CLOSE, i deleted the hotkey ALT+F4 and i do not get the message to shutdown windows when i do it on the desktop.
November 23, 2010 01:30PM
I see. Getting the shutdown window was not the problem. It is normal, expected and wanted when doing an ALT+F4 on the desktop. What's weird (but I guess it's also normal) is that posting WM_CLOSE to desktop does close the desktop (at least it does so on Win 7 Pro 32bit). Explore.exe is the responsible for the desktop when identified as the application but explorer.exe usually restarts when it is closed for some reason. Furthermore, using WM_CLOSE does not close explorer.exe but it does vanquish the desktop itself. It is undesired and not easily reversible. I bypassed the problem by creating a new Application that is associated with the desktop and overriding the default gesture in it using the hotkey command.
UV
November 23, 2010 03:05PM
hmmm, i on win 7 ult 32bit and not encountering that issue, only time i came across it, was when i added back in the hotkey - Alt+f4 cmd combined with the post wm_close.
Joe
November 23, 2010 05:36PM
When I post WM_CLOSE to my 7 x64 desktop, the shutdown dialog box pops up. WM_CLOSE or Alt+F4 makes no difference.
UV
November 23, 2010 05:45PM
in strokeit, check "Windows Desktop" program and check to see if the letter C is added to the disabled section, i have it added, so when i do a C gesture it does not bring up no shutdown dialog while i have WM_Close for the Close gesture.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 17?