Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Import issue importing gestures/actions

Posted by HarryD 
Import issue importing gestures/actions
December 03, 2009 10:25AM
I have noticed the following:

- StrokeIt has defaults for Google Chrome (just an example!)
- I decide to override settings (delete the gesture for "Close tab" and define a new action using the "\Up" gesture).
- I export this config.
- I install StrokeIt (another machine, new Windows install, whatever)
- I import the previously exported config.
- The Google default gestures now still exist: "\Up" stands for "Close Tab" again.

Either removed gestures are not exported or something else is going on.

I propose a "Clear All" function to clear all gestures so that an Import will only import whatever is in the import file.

Or is there another way?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2009 10:46AM by Leo.
Re: Import issue importing gestures/actions
December 03, 2009 01:40PM
I can't say this for sure because I don't have a copy here to test it and it has been quite a while since I used these features but I think your problem is not with export but with import. If I recall correctly it does not overwrite actions that are already present it just simply ignores them.

The actions are in the <InstallDir>\Actions folder. They are ascii text files with .cfg extension you can edit them in any texteditor if you wish so there is no need for a 'clear all' function, although it could come handy for some people.

Just wipe those you want to import and you're ready to go.
Re: Import issue importing gestures/actions
December 04, 2009 01:00PM
That's more or less why I ask for a ClearAll. To remove the current settings prior to importing the ones of my own.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 18?