Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Strokeit -Minimize Action- not releasing memory.

Posted by Jason 
Hey there, I'm sure some of you will know what I'm talking about. If you don't then try this; open up "Task Manager" in Windows NT/XP then minimize any active application in focus the normal way ie; top right hand corner. Take note of the amount of memory it's using -before & after-

Now try it with the Strokeit action (global action), see how it prevents the OS from releasing memory?
I want to make it a bit clearer, take note of the amount of memory (the application is using) not Strokeit.
Jason,

This is more a Windows bug than a StrokeIt bug.

When an application is minimized using ShowWindow(hWnd, SW_MINIMIZE), as StrokeIt does, Windows does not release the memory until it is needed by another program.

If it really bugs you, you could probably minimize most windows using the key sequence [ALT_DOWN][SPACE][ALT_UP]n

-- Jeff
Ah I see, thanks Jeff for clearing that up :) I will give that a go. Keep up the good work.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 20?