Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Temporarily Disable and Shutdown commands not working

Posted by gemisigo 
Temporarily Disable and Shutdown commands not working
December 23, 2009 05:27PM
A few releases ago I reported Disable command not working. That's already fixed but "Temporarily Disable" and "Shutdown" commands are still not. Sorry for not telling it then but I didn't need the until now. Not that I would use them frequently but they could come handy every now and then.
Re: Temporarily Disable and Shutdown commands not working
December 23, 2009 06:51PM
Both commands are working for me. Are you using them on their own, or in part of a script?

-- Jeff
Re: Temporarily Disable and Shutdown commands not working
December 23, 2009 07:44PM
I managed to fix it. It was a strange anomaly I could not reproduce yet.

It happened that "Shutdown" was part of a three-command sequence I made months (years?) ago. It was the last command of the sequence with the first one disabled. Restart of StrokeIt or reboot did not help. Then I replaced "Shutdown" with "Temporarily Disable" which did not work either, so I thought they have bugs.

But after re-enabling the first command it suddenly worked again and now it works with re-disabled first command, too. I cannot make it out-of-order again so it might have to do something with my config file, probably saved by some earlier version of StrokeIt. It's strange, though. I thought StrokeIt saves config files every time it shuts down. I don't remember messing with that part of the config manually. Anyway, it's gone, and it seems it won't come back.

Thanks for the quick reply and I apologize for the false alarm.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 21?