Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Wheel Gestures Linger

Posted by Mark E. 
Mark E.
Wheel Gestures Linger
March 03, 2003 02:23PM
I'm using the WHEEL_UP/WHEEL_DOWN gestures to scroll through open tabs in a mozilla based browser (same as the mouse gestures in opera) and think I've found a bug.

The wheel gestures work, but after completing any wheel gesture StrokeIt remains in "gesture mode" (tray pointer remains blue) until either I move the mouse or left-click somewhere. So, if after I complete a wheel gesture (rmb released) I use the mouse wheel again to try and scroll up/down in the currently active webpage; instead StrokeIt executes a few more scrolls through open browser tabs.

I've noticed this behaivor not just in this browser, but all other applications with which I've tried to setup wheel gestures.
Jeff
Re: Wheel Gestures Linger
March 03, 2003 03:28PM
Mark,

Does this happen every time you use the wheel gestures, or just sometimes? If it only happens sometimes, have you noticed any patterns in what makes it happen (ex, if you release the right mouse button very quickly after moving the wheel)?

-- Jeff
Mark E.
March 03, 2003 10:30PM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, this behaivor happens every time I use the wheel gestures in all applications. When I release the right mouse button the StrokeIt Tray Icon stays blue until I move the mouse or left-click, no matter how long I wait (even after 10 seconds the tray icon is still blue). The wheel gesture "lingers" for an additional 3-4 wheel gestures (i.e. 3-4 mozilla window tabs or windows explorer instances are scrolled through, but then finally the tray icon changes to white).

I'm using StrokeIt 0.9.2 Preview on a Windows 98 Computer with a Microsoft Intellimouse and a Generic PS/2 Mouse Driver. I also noticed the problem on my previous installation (0.9.1 with a Microsoft Intellimouse 4.1 Driver).

I tried my other mouse, a Microsoft USB Wheel Optical Mouse with a HID-compliant driver (whatever that is!), and again had the same mouse wheel gesture problem. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help troubleshoot. Thanks.
MARINAKX
April 07, 2003 09:18AM
YEAH I have the same problem with v 9.2 ...
I have to click somewere to get out of stoke it mode....
w98 SE updated, Genius net scrool + a serial mouse with windows drivers
AlTa
April 07, 2003 02:12PM
I have this highly irritating problem aswell on my computer running windows 98 with a ps2 mouse. Same as with Mark, it happens everytime.
Jeff
April 11, 2003 01:27PM
Just from the comments, I would guess this is a Win98 exclusive problem.

Is anyone running Win98 not seeing this?

Is anyone not running Win98 seeing this?

-- Jeff
Mark E.
April 12, 2003 11:51AM
Hi Jeff,

The wheels gestures lingering problem doesn't occur on my Windows XP laptop, only with my Windows 98 desktop.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.