Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Portable StrokeIt

Posted by tpr 
tpr
Portable StrokeIt
November 19, 2006 08:43AM
Sorry guys, I didn't read the forum for a while.
I uploaded the portable version here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/3994744/PortableStrokeIt.rar.html

Hopefully it won't expire so early. This rar contains the installed Strokeit files also in the Appdata folder. You can use it, but if you want your actions and gestures then you should copy your installed files here.
Simply launch Portable StrokeIt.exe and you're ready to go. If you want autostart it, then place a shortcut in the Startup folder linking to this portable launcher.
Exiting Strokeit will wipe your settings from the registry, leaving it clean (hopefully). Of course, on next launch your settings will be reloaded (hopefully, again :))

Greets

tpr
rj
Re: Portable StrokeIt
December 19, 2006 07:02AM
Thank You!

This is a great addition to my already growing number of portable apps.

One question i have is that i've read on the forum that relative paths ie. "../../Notepad++/notepad++.exe" including quotes, but for some reason I cannot get it to work properly.

If i have the folder called \PortableApps, and within that folder i have \PortableApps\StrokeIt Portable on my USB drive. If I want to access \PortableApps\Notepad++ do i type the relatie path relative to the StrokeIt launcher or the stokeit.exe? Alternaively, better still what should i be typing, because i cannot for the life of me get it to work, it keeps telling me that it cannot find notepad++.exe

Thanks in advance.
rj
Borgtex
December 28, 2006 01:43PM
Only problem is when you run it in a friend's computer that already has strokeit installed, because you want to use your gestures. It will wipe his configuration, too. :(

It should backup and restore local settings, if any
lukescammell
February 28, 2007 07:35AM
I have hosted this file if people have trouble getting this off rapidshare.com - just email me @ lukescammell at hotmail dot com and I'll post your the URL
tpr
March 03, 2007 01:24PM
You're right, Borgtex. Here is a modified launcher which backs up settings found on your friend's PC and when you're done, write those settings back to the registry.

http://rapidshare.com/files/19238326/PStrokeIt.rar
tpr
March 03, 2007 01:38PM
@ rj:
Paths are relative to the launcher. So, if I want to launch PStart.exe, which is 3 directories "up" from Portable StrokeIt.exe, I should type

"..\..\..\Pstart.exe"

Don't forget to include the double quotes, otherwise you may get an error message. And use backslash not "/". You probably know that but I write it here that "..\" goes back one directory and ".\" means the same directory.

Another example: let us suppose you have this directory structure:

-[StrokeIt]
--[Appdata]
--[portable]
--[Source]
--Portable StrokeIt.exe

-[XnView]
--XnView.exe

Then you should type "..\XnView\XnView.exe" to launch XnView.exe.

Hope this helps

tpr
dan ros
September 21, 2008 04:33AM
very good
Tim
January 20, 2009 11:23AM
Thank you everyone,

I have just started using portable apps recently and I'm so glad to find that you guys already created strokit portable. I've been using strokeit for around a year now and noticied it is hard to use others computers when i'm used to mine. So thanks again to everyone involved you have made my life easier.
Thalon
January 27, 2009 09:12AM
Even if StrokeIT 9.5. is rather old I'm very pleased with it.
I've tested some other mouse-gesture-tools and StrokeIt has the best recognition of all :-)

As I have tons of portable tools on my stick I was very pleased to add Portable-StrokeIt! I'm using it since 2 weeks every single day on my workstation and wouldn't be able to live without it on other computers.

So, BIG THANKS for this!

Thalon

@Tim & every other portable-fan
I'm maintaining a long softwarelist, many of them portable (seperate section), so if there is interest mail to {my posting nick}@gmx.at
I don't want to use this thread for advertising :-)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 15?