Contact Us

StrokeIt

how to alt + tab multiple times

Posted by operaUser 
operaUser
how to alt + tab multiple times
May 04, 2004 07:11AM
Hi,

I'm an Opera Browser user, and have configure the 'mouse right-button-down + scroll down 'to be the previous task I was doing and the ' mouse right-button-down + scroll up' to be the next task for windows applications. However, i can't seem to be able to program strokeIt to hold down the alt key while each scroll up/down represents one tab function. I know this sounds confusing, but opera users will get what I mean.

Also, how can I configure stroke it to work with opera? Once i'm surfing with opera, i can't seem to use any of the strokeit keys anymore because all the mouse actions are overtaken by opera. however, is it possible to still retain all the mouse actions in opera and add additional ones using stroke it?

Thank you!!
pliant
Re: how to alt + tab multiple times
May 07, 2004 08:06AM
The preconfigured Next Task [Up-Right] and Previous Task [Up-Left] work for moving through tasks for me on Windows 2000 but on XP they don't do anything...is there a way to get these actions to work on XP?
pliant
May 07, 2004 08:47AM
I just noticed on WindowsXP that the command for Next Window and Previous Window have a red question mark beside them instead of the black arrow symbol that should be there..."Windows - Next Window" and "Windows - Previous Windows" are not listed in the command drop down list...see attached...is there a way to get this working on XP?
Attachments:
open | download - WindowsXPError.zip (53.5 KB)
operaUser
May 07, 2004 03:15PM
I think that the red mark means that there is no preconfigured command for the task. This is to say that you have a gesture for the task, but the program doesn't know how to execute it. You'll just have to click on the "task next" and then click on next window under task next.

choose "keys - send keystrokes" from the drop down menu. and then type:

[ALT_DOWN][SHIFT][TAB][ALT_UP]

it's the same for previous task but you'll just have to enter:

[ALT_DOWN][TAB][ALT_UP]

and that's done.

However, I still don't know how i can program it to alt+tab multiple times to bring me to the previous' previous task.
hucker
June 04, 2004 03:01AM
[SHIFT][ALT][TAB]
fab
February 24, 2009 06:06PM
try this:

[SHIFT_DOWN][ALT_DOWN][TAB][ALT_UP][SHIFT_UP]

works at my xp
arang
May 03, 2009 07:01AM
[ALT_DOWN][TAB][ALT_UP]

is right
csaba
June 13, 2009 06:50AM
I think the only real solution is creating multiple gestures

one for [ALT_DOWN]
an another for [TAB_DOWN][TAB_UP]
and a third for [ALT_UP]
csaba
June 13, 2009 07:08AM
I mean...

1. [ALT_DOWN][TAB_DOWN][TAB_UP]
2. [ALT_UP]
csaba
June 13, 2009 08:09AM
Copy this to Notepad, save as *.sxp and import to StrokeIt
You can toggle between programs with the wheel and finish it with a left gesture.
(works only if 'Left', 'WHEEL_UP' and 'WHEEL_DOWN' gestures aren't occupied; 'Left' is free by default, but the other two you have to delete from 'Task Next' and 'Tasp Prev' actions):

<VERSION>StrokeIt .9.4</VERSION>

<APP name="Default">
ALT_UP {
gesture = Left
command = keys, keys [ALT_UP]
}
ALT+TAB {
gesture = WHEEL_UP
command = keys, keys [ALT_DOWN][TAB_DOWN][TAB_UP]
}
SHIFT+ALT+TAB {
gesture = WHEEL_DOWN
command = keys, keys [ALT_DOWN][SHIFT_DOWN][TAB_DOWN][TAB_UP][SHIFT_UP]
}
</APP>
eltranced
May 15, 2011 09:00PM
if i remember correctly older versions of Opera's builtin mouse gesturing was turned on by default and would conflict with strokeit... so to get strokeit to work you'd had to turn off operas mg
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 20?