Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Delay between commands

Posted by Giles 
Delay between commands
March 31, 2010 12:21PM
I use stroke for a number of different things including adding generic responses to emails. This next command is something that I cannot seem to get working with what is available.

What I would like to do is be able to send a set of "switch" keys (tab, enter, ect...) then have a delay of about 10 seconds and then send more switch keys.

The reason is I am forced to work in a very old program that has many dialog boxes in the process of doing the smallest task. If this was a new program that was responsive I could get this working but each box takes a few seconds to come up and I need to set a delay so that I can have one command run and wait in the middle for the next boxes to be on screen.

Any assistance would be appreciated as I cannot find a Delay call in any of the Actions.cfg files that I have checked yet.
Re: Delay between commands
March 31, 2010 12:29PM
Ok ok... As usual I post for help then realize that I was incredibly stupid.

I was always thinking that each app could have multiple actions BUT I forgot that each action can have multiple commands that it runs in order.

Off to the scripting fun to make my life easier.

BTW AWESOME PROGRAM!!!
March 31, 2010 08:35PM
Haha, I know the feeling! Remember that the time you add is in milliseconds, not seconds.
Oh, and sometimes, when a command won't work without apparent cause, you can try adding a short sleep command between commands: that sometimes helps. It is said that command are otherwise executed simultaneously.
April 01, 2010 01:57AM
Alternatively, if the delays can vary greatly in different situations, you could use a Messagebox that waits indefinitely until you click Ok. Or an Ok/Cancel Messagebox that gives you the choice to abort your script if necessary.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 3?