Contact Us

StrokeIt

Beginning Lua scripting in StrokeIt

Posted by dr 
dr
Beginning Lua scripting in StrokeIt
March 22, 2011 07:19PM
Hi,

I’m trying to learn how to use Lua scripts and plugins in StrokeIt but have thus far been unable to run anything other than a slight modification to the provided function example_clipboard(). Here are my roadblocks:

1. Can’t find a description of the steps necessary to add my own Lua based plugin
a. The Developer Documentation appears to be for plugins in C
b. The LuaPluginExample also appears to be entirely in C and when I try to load its .dll I get “No Init Function”
c. I assume there are other examples of Lua based plugins, but can’t find any
2. Can’t seem to override the existing file “C:\Program Files\TCB Networks\StrokeIt\Scripts\lib\ clipboard.dll” with another clipboard.dll that I found online
a. i.e. when I put my own clipboard.dll file in place of the sample one provided, StrokeIt seems to have the original stored somewhere else and recognizes only the functions defined in the original clipboard.dll.

Though I have been a huge fan of StrokeIt for over a year, I’m still trying to get a grasp on Lua from “Programming in Lua” and “Beginning Lua Programming,” so I apologize if my questions have already revealed my ignorance.

Thank you in advance for the help,

dr
Re: Beginning Lua scripting in StrokeIt
March 23, 2011 03:52AM
Though I've done some scripts and tasks in Lua I know nothing about plugins so I'm going to address your second roadblock:

In case you're using Vista/Win7 there is (should be) another lib folder here:
"C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\TCB Networks\StrokeIt\Scripts\lib"
You should check that, there could be an instance of the clipboard.dll that StrokeIt uses instead of the one you want.
dr
Re: Beginning Lua scripting in StrokeIt
March 23, 2011 12:42PM
Thanks for the tip gemisigo. I have XP which has the same path for the original clipboard.dll. You're right! This time when I tried to replace it everything works as expected.

If anyone has documentation on how to create Lua based plugins, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

dr
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 3?