Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Windows 7 Plugin

Posted by Siyh 
Siyh
Windows 7 Plugin
May 09, 2009 12:05PM
Hi, I'm attempting to find a way to use the aero-peek shortcut in windows 7 (Win and space) with strokeit. The problem I'm having is that I can active aero-peek when I press the mouse buttons but not stop it when I release the buttons. (I'm assuming) This is because there is no way (that I can find) to make strokeit do something at the end of a shortcut button press, and as strokeit 'captures' the shortcut buttons there is no way for an external program to register the release of the shortcut buttons.
I hope I've explained that clearly enough.

Any Ideas?-I'm thinking this may be a relatively simple plugin to write but thats beyond me.

Here's a more in depth explaination of what I've attempted so far:
I'm using the strokeit shortcut of holding down both mouse buttons and this works fine to activate aero-peek, either by starting a script I wrote (using autoit) to send the keystrokes or by sending the keystrokes: [WIN_DOWN][SPACE]. Obviously sending the keystrokes actives aero-peek smoothly but it doesn't stop until I press the windows button on the keyboard. The script works fine but there is a delay until aero-peek starts, and it requires another mouse click to stop the script.
Another thing I tried was sending the keystrokes : [WIN_DOWN][SPACE][WIN_UP] but this only sends them once. It also only sends once if you send them as a hotkey.
Re: Windows 7 Plugin
September 01, 2009 10:36AM
The same thing i'm wanting about couple of years to make my mouse do alt+tab switching (and for this day is win+tab in vista) without the release of virtual alt key till right mouse button is down.
Think i need to write own, advanced version of Send keystroke's plugin. Or maybe we should ask an author of this plugin to update it. Ofcourse, if it's programmly possible for plugs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 10:37AM by Mikhail R. Khaimov.
September 01, 2009 12:34PM
It's very easy to write plugins for StrokeIt. Grab the [url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/develop.shtml]SDK[/url] and give it a shot! I'll be happy to help you with any problems you run into.

-- Jeff
Hypernova
December 14, 2009 07:47PM
Here is what I did: To activate aero peek, I use [WIN_DOWN][SPACE_DOWN] and LBUTTON_DOWN gesture. To deactivate it, I use [SPACE_UP][WIN_UP] with LBUTTON_UP. Now, it's not working exactly I think it would be. Instead of aero peek stay as long as I keep left button down and deactivate as soon as I release it, aero peek just stay there until I hold the right + click left button again. It seems like strokeit can't catch the LBUTTON_UP when aero peek is activated. Doesn't really bother me though. This, combine with Twitter, Multimeter, Simply Weather, and Minibrowser is super awesome. Now aero peek is really, really useful
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 3?