Scott
Re: Minimize to Tray
October 28, 2003 12:31AM
Holding on for what?

-Scott
Matthew
December 10, 2003 08:28AM
Is this the right place for bug reports?

I have an odd exceptional bug with the plugin; every time I try to minimise to tray the mail client from Mozilla 1.5 I get an application error:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Window title: "StrokeIt - Command Editor: strokeit.exe - Application Error"

Body: "The instruction at "0x0000616c" referenced memory at "0x0000616c". The memory could not be "read"."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the only app I have had any problems using the plugin with (unfortunately also the one I most want to be able to use it with). Oddly, other Mozilla components have no problems.

I am running Windows 2K (no alternate shells)

Thanks,

Matt
Scott
December 11, 2003 03:51AM
Gah. I thought I fixed that. What's the title of the mail window?
SweetSweetCutey
December 23, 2003 05:47AM
Hi Scott,

I have a dialler from Rydial (avoid! avoid!!) which is compulsory with my ISP. It's the most rude peice of sh*t. Taskbar slot (why??), Always-on-top (why??), Goes to ISP home page regardless of IE settings (grrr). And badly programmed.. rant, rant . . . Ah, that's almost better.

Your Minimize-to-Tray is the perfect solution. :-D [Even better if you can minimise it to <nowhere>, lol !!]

It's actually never occurred to me to use minimise-to-tray on any other app!! until I came here and read this forum.

There are some issues that you might be interested in.

This dial-ugh is on a two-hour redial, so every then it pops up to annoy me (God bless PushTheFreakinButton, too). Then I wave it away again (literally - with a Z - go away, horrible, little thing). However, because it's come out of its own volition, the icon remains in the tray and the new brush-off creates a new one. The newest icon will respond to <Left-Click> but the others are mute. Thus, after a day's worth, I've got a neat little row of them staring out at me. This is not a problem - just a curiosity.

While I was reading the posts above, someone mentioned [...an error stating "Unable to create tray icon, Potentially already exists".] I have had this with this dialler a couple of times. Sorry, I can't remember what I was doing and it hasn't been happening since. Just to let you know it's still there in some form. This was when I first installed the plug-in and you know the best person to break some code is the user who doesn't know how to use it, lol. Now I <do> know, I can't break it!

Also while reading the above someone mentioned minimising their browser. Revelation!! Why not minimise my Outlook? Then I was reading about the problems with geoshell and stuck icons, etc. I thought I'd play a bit more with my mute icons and see whether I can lose them. At one point I <Right-Click>ed the dialler icon (no effect) but thereafter nothing would respond to <Left-> or <Right->. So my Outlook's stuck in my monitor like in Poltergeist and I can't reach my baby. Again, this isn't a problem (dun-dah-dahn - TaskMan!! - To the rescue) and I simply won't use <Right-Click> next time.

Finally, despite these issues, you've rid me of a major desktop pest so I'll join JD in saying:

Scott, you is DE MAN!! ;-)

Happy Christmas,
SweetSweetCutey

[Win2000, standard desktop, my first 21" monitor, yippee!! and searching for a dual or quad head on eBay]
Michael Kairys
December 23, 2003 09:29AM
SweetSweetCutey wrote:

> [Even better if you can minimise it to <nowhere>, lol !!]

I recommend [url=http://www.rosafamily.org/software/oos/]OuttaSight[/url], excellent freeware.
Scott
December 23, 2003 01:04PM
Thanks for all of the praise, SweetSweetCutey. I just recently had to format, so I'll get Visual Studio re-installed and see what I can do about some of your issues.

-Scott
Michael Kairys
January 31, 2004 11:32AM
I was referred to an excellent bit of freeware (perhaps in this forum?) called [url=http://www.veridicus.com/tummy/programming/powermenu/]PowerMenu[/url] that adds Minimize to Tray to each window's system menu (along with transparency, toggle on top, et. al) Using this it is trivial to make a min-to-tray gesture...
Dorin Andreica
March 16, 2004 09:35AM
I'm having problems with the Minimize to Tray plugin, when used under plain Windows XP to minimize Opera 7.5 TP3. Opera installs its own icon in the tray, then I minimize the main window also -> 2 Opera icons. A few times I can restore the main window, up to a point where it stops responding (no tooltip, no restore, nothing).

The next program I try to minimize using your plugin, crashes it. I would have loved to try the 1.1a-d versions of the plugin, but the links are dead.
Also, you said make sure we user StrokeIt .9.3. Where is it?

Please help!

Dorin Andreica
Scott
March 16, 2004 07:26PM
Why are you minimizing something to the system tray that already goes there?

You can find 0.9.3 in the 0.9.3 Preview thread.

I'll see if I can't get some working links up soon. My plate is REALLY full recently.
Ant
May 04, 2004 06:30AM
WHOOOOO! This plugin is GREAT! Thanks Scott!
Scott
May 04, 2004 08:29AM
Hey, no problem. We're all givers around here.

We just love to give.
Matthew
May 26, 2004 08:45AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure out how to make this plugin work. I downloaded it and installed to my StrokeIt plugins directory, and it shows up in the StrokeIt > Edit > Preferences > Plugins list. But, I can't figure out how to actually minimize anything to the tray. So how does one go about using this plugin?

I'm on Windows 2000 SP 4.

Thanks,

Matthew
Oroumov.
June 03, 2004 09:48AM
Once you have installed it in your plugins directory, create a new command in a new or existing action. In the large drop down menu that shows the possible commands, you now have two new commands :

"Minimize to Tray - Minimize"
"Minimize to Tray - Restore"

Use a gesture for one, another gesture for the other, and....that's it !
blk_panther
July 20, 2004 07:34PM
I have the same problem with M2T like Doring Andreica

use win xp and try to minimize my browser (avant browser) ... it goes to tray *look in settings* under the menue activate tray symbol: -by clicking the close symbol
and -show avant browser in trayleiste (I'm german ... so my browser had the german plug in ^^ -> so I have little translation problems ... hope u can understand me)

I have the 1.1d M2T (looked from the links (that don't functioned) something bevore (cut the last adresses things and downloadet 1.1d ..)
-> hope u fix the links here ...

but here my problem: I can minimize and restore it 2 times ... the 3rd it don't restore ... an errormsg occured and strokeit hangs up get killed don't respond ... u know

the message (yes ... german): Headline: Min2TrayDummy: strokeit.exe - Fehler in Anwendung

the known red dot with white kross ... the text: Die Anweisung in "0x77f42a84" verweist auf Speicher in "0x000c000". Der Vorgang "written" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgefürt werden.

Klicken Sie suf "OK", um das Programm zu beenden.

so I do ... clicking ok ... the only opinion ... the browser don't respond when I click in taskleiste (u know ... the thing between start button and the trayleiste ... and the clock ^^)

hmm

if your german is so good like my english ... I'll try to translate the msg
(thx to my translator)

Min2blabla... - error in application

the charge? in "..." points to memory in (or on?) "...". The (Vorgang? ... thx to my translator ... the half is translatet wrong the other half don't exists) "written" (was named by scott I think ... or by microsoft) .. cuz it would be german when I had to say something or had to do with it ...
hope u know something more about it than me ;)

ok ... let's continue ... the §$%&# "written" can't followed out on the memory.

think the original(german) msg help u more ^^

---

it's not that I really need this plugin
my browser had mousegestures
but in explorer i missed my back with mouse (click and hold right and then click left ... ) and in the avantbrowser-foren (plural of forum)
someone had the same problem... and uses stroke it ... so do I ...

I had informed me about other (similar) products
and found 2 (perhaps 3)

have not tested them ... think they're similar

ok ... some probs ... but only with not to programm things ... (2 probs) one with the min2tray ... if my pc start ... the min2t get an message ... and I have to click ok .. (don't remember the text of the message ... think only min2t or so) second prob is that I can't use stroke it in the open dialoge (if I make an O with stroke it) don't know... but i have to click somewhere ... and something and can use back button to go an instance up

don't know what (hot)key to use when I want to go back (is the button left from the up thing)
I have also tried with tab (several times) and enter ... asenter haven't functioned I used space (don't know why it functioned with space ... but u have to press tab often to get to the (schaltfläche) where u have to click or press enter (space)
I don't know what's going on

btw: i don't know if the problem (m2t) exists with other applications ... never used it more than 2 times with explorer or something ...

:D

my browser has tabs in it to don't open every site in another instance of internetexplorer ...

hmm hope I haven't forgetten something

I'll write it tomorrow ... ... cuz i can't edit ... I think ...

phps I should not include so much dots ... but ... u know what I mean ...

cool stuff this stroke it ... what u can find in the net when u search ... or even if u don't search ^^

gj jeff ... gwork scott .. but perhaps some more work ...

keep continuing u two ...

I think I schould have ha floppy or some sort of mediasaving or usb-stic with me to install strokeit on other pc's I have/want to work .. for short

if I have to work for longer I will definately ... or get some probs whith the right click menue ... u know ... :D :P

;D ;) ... ok ... it's late tonight (2:28) I'll chat with some friends ... irc/icq ...

but icq don't connect ... hope not that someone has stolen my pw ...

or I've it forgotten ... ^^ ... hmm ...
whatever ...

btw ... in irc stroke it don't function ... there is a right click menue .... seems stronger than strokeit ... np ... don't need it there ^^

then ... keep programming and gn8
blk_panther
July 20, 2004 07:50PM
[url=http://www.sensiva.com/]http://www.sensiva.com/[/url] (004 error ... but in my favorites) and [url=http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartgesturelite.html]http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartgesturelite.html[/url] ... smartgesture are 2 other programms I think for mousegestures

... and if u want to contact me ... (when icq functioned... blk_panther

irc on gamesurge.net sometimes #raider.u13 #o.wars or chans on other networks I connect for some hours ... blk_panther or black_panther)

and at last a tip:
[url=http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/tips/personalize/keyboardsc.asp]http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/tips/personalize/keyboardsc.asp[/url]
(think here were shortcuts ... but have changed since my last visit)

if u're german I can give u windows shortcuts

but not post here ^^ not the topic ...

but if I would delete all what is not topic relatet ... it would be much shorter here ... ok ... so I post it here :P

u can delete it if u think I should't have post it ... ^^

[Strg]+[n] - Neue Datei erstellen
[Strg]+[o] - Datei öffnen
[Strg]+[a] - Alles auswählen
[Strg]+[z] - Rückgängig, letzte Aktion widerrufen
[Strg]+ - Speichern
[Strg]+[x] - Ausschneiden
[Strg]+[c] - Kopieren
[Strg]+[v] - Einfügen
[Strg]+[Pos1] - Zum Anfang eines Dokuments springen
[Strg]+[Ende] - Zum Ende eines Dokuments springen
[Alt]+[Tab] - Zu einem anderen laufenden Programm wechseln

STRG+C (Kopieren)

STRG+X (Ausschneiden)

STRG+V (Einfügen)

STRG+Z (Rückgängig)

ENTF (Löschen)

UMSCHALT+ENTF (Markiertes Element sofort löschen, ohne es in den Papierkorb zu stellen)

STRG beim Ziehen eines Elements (Markiertes Element kopieren)

STRG+UMSCHALT beim Ziehen eines Elements (Verknüpfung zum markierten Element erstellen)

F2 (Markiertes Element umbenennen)

STRG+NACH-RECHTS-TASTE (Einfügemarke an den Anfang des nächsten Wortes stellen)

STRG+NACH-LINKS-TASTE (Einfügemarke an den Anfang des vorigen Wortes stellen)

STRG+NACH-UNTEN-TASTE (Einfügemarke an den Anfang des nächsten Absatzes stellen)

STRG+NACH-OBEN-TASTE (Einfügemarke an den Anfang des vorigen Absatzes stellen)

STRG+UMSCHALT mit einer beliebigen Pfeiltaste (Textblock markieren)

UMSCHALT mit einer beliebigen Pfeiltaste (Mehr als ein Element in einem Fenster oder auf dem Desktop markieren oder Text in einem Dokument markieren)

STRG+A (Alles markieren)

F3 (Datei oder Ordner suchen)

ALT+ENTER (Eigenschaften des markierten Elements anzeigen)

ALT+F4 (Aktives Element schließen oder aktives Programm beenden)

ALT+EINGABE (Eigenschaften des markierten Objekts anzeigen)

ALT+LEERTASTE (Kontextmenü für aktives Fenster öffnen)

STRG+F4 (In Programmen, die das gleichzeitige Öffnen mehrerer Dokumente zulassen: Aktives Dokument schließen)

ALT+TAB (Zwischen geöffneten Elementen wechseln)

ALT+ESC (Elemente in der Reihenfolge durchlaufen, in der sie geöffnet wurden)

F6 (Bildschirmelemente in einem Fenster oder auf dem Desktop durchlaufen)

F4 (Adressleistenliste in "Arbeitsplatz" oder im Windows Explorer anzeigen)

UMSCHALT+F10 (Kontextmenü für markiertes Element anzeigen)

ALT+LEERTASTE (Systemmenü für aktives Fenster anzeigen)

STRG+ESC (Startmenü anzeigen)

ALT+Unterstrichener Buchstabe in einem Menünamen (Entsprechendes Menü anzeigen)

Unterstrichener Buchstabe in einem Befehlsnamen in einem geöffneten Menü (Entsprechenden Befehl ausführen)

F10 (Menüleiste im aktiven Programm aktivieren)

NACH-RECHTS-TASTE (Nächstes Menü nach rechts oder Untermenü öffnen)

NACH-LINKS-TASTE (Nächstes Menü nach links öffnen oder Untermenü schließen)

F5 (Aktives Fenster aktualisieren)

RÃœCKTASTE (Ãœbergeordneten Ordner in "Arbeitsplatz" oder im Windows Explorer anzeigen)

ESC (Aktuellen Vorgang abbrechen)

UMSCHALT beim Einlegen einer CD-ROM in das CD-ROM-Laufwerk (Automatisches Abspielen der CD-ROM verhindern)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tastaturbefehle für Dialogfelder
STRG+TAB (Vorwärts durch die Registerkarten navigieren)

STRG+UMSCHALT+TAB (Rückwärts durch die Registerkarten navigieren)

TAB (Vorwärts durch die Optionen navigieren)

UMSCHALT+TAB (Rückwärts durch die Optionen navigieren)

ALT+Unterstrichener Buchstabe (Entsprechenden Befehl ausführen oder entsprechende Option selektieren)

EINGABETASTE (Befehl für aktive Option oder Schaltfläche ausführen)

LEERTASTE (Kontrollkästchen aktivieren oder deaktivieren, wenn die aktive Option ein Kontrollkästchen ist)

Pfeiltasten (Schaltfläche auswählen, wenn die aktive Option eine Gruppe von Optionsschaltflächen ist)

F1 (Hilfe anzeigen)

F4 (Elemente in der aktiven Liste anzeigen)

RÜCKTASTE (Übergeordneten Ordner öffnen, wenn ein Ordner im Dialogfeld Speichern unter oder Öffnen markiert ist)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Natural-Tastenkombinationen
Windows-Logo (Startmenü anzeigen oder ausblenden)

Windows-Logo+UNTBR (Dialogfeld Systemeigenschaften anzeigen)

Windows-Logo+D (Desktop anzeigen)

Windows-Logo+M (Alle Fenster minimieren)

Windows-Logo+UMSCHALT+M (Minimierte Fenster wiederherstellen)

Windows-Logo+E (Arbeitsplatz öffnen)

Windows-Logo+F (Datei oder Ordner suchen)

STRG+Windows-Logo+F (Nach Computern suchen)

Windows-Logo+F1 (Windows-Hilfe anzeigen)

Windows-Logo+ L (Tastatur sperren)

Windows-Logo+R (Dialogfeld Ausführen öffnen)

Windows-Logo+U (Hilfsprogramm-Manager öffnen)

Eingabehilfen-Tastaturbefehle
Acht Sekunden lang UMSCHALTTASTE RECHTS (Anschlagsverzögerung ein- oder ausschalten)

ALT LINKS+UMSCHALTTASTE LINKS+DRUCK (Kontrast ein- oder ausschalten)

ALT LINKS+UMSCHALTTASTE LINKS+NUM (Tastaturmaus ein- oder ausschalten)

Fünfmal UMSCHALT (Einrastfunktion ein- oder ausschalten)

Fünf Sekunden lang NUM (Statusanzeige ein- oder ausschalten)

Windows-Logo +U (Hilfsprogramm-Manager öffnen)

Windows Explorer-Tastaturbefehle
ENDE (Ende des aktiven Fensters anzeigen)

POS1 (Anfang des aktiven Fensters anzeigen)

NUM+Stern (*) (Alle Unterordner zum markierten Ordner anzeigen)

NUM+Pluszeichen (+) (Inhalt des markierten Ordners anzeigen)

NUM+Minuszeichen (-) (Markierten Ordner ausblenden)

NACH-LINKS-TASTE (Aktuelle Selektion ausblenden, sofern sie erweitert ist, oder übergeordneten Ordner markieren)

NACH-RECHTS-TASTE (Aktuelle Selektion erweitern, sofern sie ausgeblendet ist, oder ersten Unterordner markieren)

Tastaturbefehle für Zeichentabelle
Nach Doppelklick auf ein Zeichen in einer Zeichentabelle können Sie sich mit den Tastaturbefehlen durch die Tabelle bewegen:
NACH-RECHTS-TASTE (Nach rechts oder an den Anfang der nächsten Zeile)

NACH-LINKS-TASTE (Nach links oder an das Ende der vorigen Zeile)

NACH-OBEN-TASTE (Eine Zeile nach oben)

NACH-UNTEN-TASTE (Eine Zeile nach unten)

BILD-AUF (Zum vorigen Bild)

BILD-AB (Zum nächsten Bild)

POS1 (Zum Zeilenanfang)

ENDE (Zum Zeilenende)

STRG+POS1 (Zum ersten Zeichen)

STRG+ENDE (Zum letzten Zeichen)

LEERTASTE (Bei markiertem Zeichen zwischen Vergrößerungs- und Normalmodus wechseln)

Microsoft Management Console (MMC): Hauptfenster-Tastaturbefehle
STRG+O (Gespeicherte Konsole öffnen)

STRG+N (Neue Konsole öffnen)

STRG+S (Geöffnete Konsole speichern)

STRG+M (Konsolenelement hinzufügen oder entfernen)

STRG+W (Neues Fenster öffnen)

F5 (Inhalt aller Konsolenfenster aktualisieren)

ALT+LEERTASTE (MMC-Fenstermenü anzeigen)

ALT+F4 (Konsole schließen)

ALT+A (Menü Aktion anzeigen)

ALT+V (Menü Ansicht anzeigen)

ALT+F (Menü Datei anzeigen)

ALT+O (Menü Favoriten anzeigen)

Microsoft Management Console (MMC): Konsolenfenster-Tastaturbefehle
STRG+P (Aktuelle Seite oder aktives Fenster drucken)

ALT+Minuszeichen (-) (Fenstermenü für aktives Konsolenfenster anzeigen)

UMSCHALT+F10 (Aktionskontextmenü für markiertes Element anzeigen)

F1 (Hilfethema zu markiertem Element anzeigen, sofern vorhanden)

F5 (Inhalt aller Konsolenfenster aktualisieren)

STRG+F10 (Aktives Konsolenfenster maximieren)

STRG+F5 (Aktives Konsolenfenster wiederherstellen)

ALT+EINGABE (Dialogfenster Eigenschaften für markiertes Element anzeigen, sofern vorhanden)

F2 (Markiertes Element umbenennen)

STRG+F4 (Aktives Konsolenfenster schließen. Wenn eine Konsole nur ein Konsolenfenster hat, schließt diese Tastenkombination die Konsole.)

Navigation bei Remotedesktop-Verbindungen
STRG+ALT+ENDE (Microsoft Windows NT-Dialogfenster Sicherheit öffnen)

ALT+BILD-AUF (Wechseln zwischen Programmen, von links nach rechts)

ALT+BILD-AB (Wechseln zwischen Programmen, von rechts nach links)

ALT+EINFÃœGEN (Programme in Reihenfolge der letzten Verwendung durchlaufen)

ALT+POS1 (Startmenü anzeigen)

STRG+ALT+UNTBR (Umschalten zwischen Fenster und Vollbild auf Clientcomputer)

ALT+ENTF (Windows-Menü anzeigen)

STRG+ALT+Minuszeichen (-) (Snapshot des aktiven Fensters auf dem Client in die Terminalserver-Zwischenablage stellen und Funktionalität wie bei Betätigung von DRUCK auf einem lokalen Computer bereitstellen)

STRG+ALT+Pluszeichen (+) (Snapshot des gesamten Fensterbereichs auf dem Client in die Terminalserver-Zwischenablage stellen und Funktionalität wie bei Betätigung von ALT+DRUCK auf einem lokalen Computer bereitstellen)

Navigation im Microsoft Internet Explorer
STRG+B (Dialogfeld Favoriten verwalten öffnen)

STRG+E (Suchleiste öffnen)

STRG+F (Dienstprogramm "Suchen" starten)

STRG+H (Leiste Verlauf öffnen)

STRG+I (Leiste Favoriten öffnen)

STRG+L (Dialogfenster Öffnen öffnen)

STRG+N (Weitere Browserinstanz mit derselben Webadresse öffnen)

STRG+O (Dialogfenster Öffnen öffnen, wie bei STRG+L)

STRG+P (Dialogfenster Drucken öffnen)

STRG+R (Aktuelle Webseite aktualisieren)

STRG+W (Aktuelles Fenster schließen)

Weitere Informationen
Manche Tastaturbefehle funktionieren eventuell nicht, wenn die Einrastfunktion in den Eingabehilfeoptionen aktiviert ist.
Manche der Tastaturbefehle für Terminaldienste-Clients, die den Tastaturbefehlen bei Remotedesktop-Verbindungen ähneln, sind nicht verfügbar, wenn Sie die Remoteunterstützung in der Windows XP Home Edition nutzen.
John Doe
July 26, 2004 01:18PM
On Windows XP (with SP 1) almost all DirectX games "untray" the applications. Meaning, tray icon remains but the hidden application is restored.
rev_20
Minimize to Tray Issue
March 11, 2005 07:21PM
I love the app and this plugin seems really useful. Just one issue:

I minimize to tray [Internet Explorer > Right - Left] an IE window. I restore all windows [Windows Desktop > Right]. Sometimes it restores the window, but after the first restore, I Minimize to Tray again, and the second time I try and restore it, StrokeIt (dirty, dirty name :P) closes on its own without any error report or anything.

Win XP, IE 6.
jay jay
December 22, 2006 11:13PM
if iam writing an amail and I minimize it. I lose it. Any suggestions.
jay jay
December 22, 2006 11:16PM
if iam writing an amail and I minimize it. I lose it. Any suggestions.

fogot to memtion in win 98 se
richwen
failed to download
September 03, 2021 12:31AM
tried to download from this page:
https://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/plugins.html

this link seems doesn't work:
http://downloads.tcbmi.com/strokeit/plugins/StrokeIt_MinToTray_1.1.exe
Re: failed to download
November 26, 2021 11:15PM
Hi richwhen,

I'm the original author of the MinToTray plugin for StrokeIt. As it turns out, I have still have the code, binaries, and installer. You can download the latest version here: https://dev.sdbarker.com/strokeit/StrokeIt_MinToTray_1.1d.exe

After a cursory check, it seems to still work on my Windows 11 system.

-Scott
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 21?