Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

On Screen Display

Posted by Scott 
Scott
On Screen Display
December 15, 2001 07:57PM
<HTML>I just finished an on screen display plugin, available on the plugins page, and which will be included in the next release.

Give it a try, and fire off the usual questions, comments, suggestions. Thanks.

-Scott</HTML>
JD
Re: On Screen Display
December 15, 2001 11:30PM
<HTML>Running smooth here. W98

Obvious request, an option to choose the font. :)</HTML>
Scott
December 15, 2001 11:39PM
<HTML>Damn, I knew I forgot something. :) My bad/

That'll be in the next release. Watch this space for details. ;-)

-Scott</HTML>
Scott
December 17, 2001 01:39AM
<HTML>O.k., you can now change your font, and I've redone the positioning system to use standard locations instead of x/y coordinates. It works better that way.

- Scott</HTML>
JD
December 17, 2001 06:56PM
<HTML>Ahh, sweet. Thanx. Works great with Photoshop.</HTML>
andy baker
December 18, 2001 04:15AM
<HTML>Im missing something here. What are people using the OSD for exactly?</HTML>
Scott
December 18, 2001 06:07AM
<HTML>I'm using mine to show the result from sending messages to winamp to change songs (eg. Winamp - Next) in the upper right hand corner, as well as to show the result from commands that the effect isn't immediately noticeable, eg, temporarly disabling strokeit.

I'm also considering using the technology and writing a winamp specific plugin that will show the song name use the OSD after you change it. What do you think?

-Scott</HTML>
andy baker
December 18, 2001 06:16AM
<HTML>That sounds good but we can achieve that with a WinAmp OSD plugin. Would there be any advantage to doing it in TweakIt?

It would be good if we could use the On Screen Display to flash up the command that has been registered. Specifically it could show us which command of which application has been triggered as I have managed to redefine things I actually wanted as global as commands in other apps and then spent ages working out why my global command hasn't been triggered. Alternatively could Tweak It inform you when you had duplicated a gesture either twice in the same app or between an appa and the globals?</HTML>
Jeff
December 18, 2001 06:40AM
<HTML>The advantage is that you don't need to install the WinAmp OSD plugin.

I could probably work in some notifications or something similar when loading action files that have the same gesture used more than once.

I wouldn't want to add any notification when a gesture is used globally and then used again in a specific action because that's the intended behaviour. Global actions are really "default" actions, and they can be overridden.

-- Jeff</HTML>
Scott
December 18, 2001 07:27AM
<HTML>wtf is tweak it?

-Scott</HTML>
andy baker
December 18, 2001 04:20PM
<HTML>Just my brain censoring the obvious sexual overtones out of StrokeIt ;-)

Just a thought. If you go commercial but release a lite version for free, you could call it 'StrokeIt, Baby'...</HTML>
Scott
December 18, 2001 05:31PM
<HTML>What sexual over tones? There aren't any. We're good kids. ;-)

-Scott</HTML>
David
March 25, 2004 07:45AM
Your program is just wonderful.. It's exactly what i've been looking for... Now I can Play and Pause Winamp anytime anywhere, cool.. By the way, have u finished the on screen display for the song name yet ? I'm really looking forward to it.. :-)
Scott
March 25, 2004 08:14AM
Nope, I haven't. I've been exceptionally busy recently, and am about to move (again), so that's gonna be taking a back burner.

-Scott
l0dy
April 20, 2004 01:31PM
Additionally, I'd like to see special commands, solely for the purpose of being interpreted via OSD like %clipboard%, %date%, %time% and many more, I can't imagine at the moment ;-)
WinAmp-Tunes are for sure a cool idea I support.

l0dy
Scott
April 20, 2004 08:42PM
I think is going to wait until a scripting engine is implimented in StrokeIt. At that point, I'll finalize the OSD functions in the plugin, cleanup the code, and expose an API for creating OSD's.

Until then, sorry folks.

-Scott
Dan
August 12, 2004 07:55PM
This plug-in sounds good. I'd like to get it but when I go to the plug-ins page, only the mintotray is shown. What am I missing?
Scott
August 12, 2004 08:15PM
[url=http://www.redrubberball.net/software]http://www.redrubberball.net/software[/url]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 6?