December 07, 2001 06:25AM
"Could not open language file: default.lng"

Any ideas?
Scott
Re: Error running Multi monitor plugin
December 07, 2001 07:47AM
Yeah, I've got one...

You don't have the language for it. :)

Try re-running the installer to get that language file in there (be sure to NOT over-write your actions and gestures) and that should do it. I'll update the zip on the plugins page for the multi-monitor plugin to include the language file. I'm sorry about that. Let me know how it works out for you once you get it running, though.

-Scott
andy baker
December 07, 2001 09:24AM
I got it working by creating a dummy lng file.

I like it! I was just about to try and do that using the move and size windows commands...

Doesnt seem to work properly when going from left to right monitor if maximized...

Ill post here if I find any other probs...
Scott
December 07, 2001 09:32AM
Left to Right doesn't really mean much, because it depends on how you have your stuff setup. For example, on my desk, I have three monitors, left to right, are number 3, 2, and 1 by windows. so, to go to the left, I have to use "Next Monitor" which appears as though it would be previous monitor. Get it?

So, in short, which of the two functions are you having problems? Next or Previous monitor?

-Scott
andy baker
December 07, 2001 10:05AM
Don't know cos I haven't got the language file so some stuff isnt working! Ill try what you suggested and reinstall...
AFireInside
December 07, 2001 05:25PM
<HTML>I've also noticed that when using the Next/Previous monitor comand on a maximized window it dosen't work correctly. It will restore the window to a non maximized state and then it will just restore it to maximized and not move it to the next monitor.</HTML>
Scott
December 07, 2001 05:44PM
<HTML>What operating system are you running, with what configuration of video cards and monitors, and what version of strokeit are you running? Also, email me a copy of the plugin so that I can test it..

-Scott</HTML>
andy baker
December 08, 2001 08:45AM
<HTML>Got the language file working and same problem with both next and previous monitor commands (they seem to behave the same on 2 monitor systems?)

I have a G400 with the latest Windows XP drivers and I am running them in the mode that makes them appear to the system as 2 graphics cards rahter thatn the old system of appearing as one card with double the horizontal resolution. In most situations this means they behave as you would expect a system with 2 graphics cards to behave.

Using Strokeit .9 beta 3 and the multimon pluging that I donwloaded today.

Maximized windows on the first monitor stay maximised but when you do a restore they jump to the second monitor but a position below the bottow edge of the screen.

Maximized windows on the second monitor switch to the first monitor ok and stay maximised. (all good) When you restore them they stay pretty much maximised (I would actually prefer if they would remember their last un-maximized position)

Both next and previous monitor commands seem to work the same way.</HTML>
Scott
December 08, 2001 11:30AM
<HTML>Sounds like you got a way old sk00l version of the plugin somehow that wasn't done. Mine works fine.

I'll do some testing and get correct version up today.

-Scott</HTML>
andy baker
December 14, 2001 05:03AM
<HTML>Just to say, tried the latest version and still problems with maximized windows!</HTML>
Jeff
December 14, 2001 05:39AM
<HTML>My guess is that it's a problem with the matrox dual screen emulation under XP. Have you used any other mulitmonitor utilites (eg UltraMon) successfully?

-- jeff</HTML>
Scott
December 15, 2001 03:55AM
<HTML>I'm going to agree with jeff on this. As best as either of us can tell, that's got to be the issue. Because you're emulating a dual monitor setup, it's not really working how it's supposed to. I'll look into it more though, and see if I can find something to help with it.

-Scott</HTML>
andy baker
December 15, 2001 06:41AM
<HTML>Just tried Ultramon 2.0b5 and the 'Move Window to Next Monitor' function works fine even with maximised windows...</HTML>
Scott
December 15, 2001 12:13PM
<HTML>Make sure that all the ultramon functions work, and, tell me everything about your setup. EVERYTHING. resolutions, colordepth, driver versions, monitor size, all the stuff you don't think i'd care about as well.

-scott</HTML>
andy baker
December 17, 2001 07:34AM
<HTML>Well some news...

I have used Ultramon and set StrokeIt to send key strokes to that and I get the functionality that I want so I am fixed for now.

I have had to switch back to Windows 2000 as I buggered up my XP installation and multimon still misbehaves in that.

I will email a Norton system report to you. Probably too much information in that but at least you can take out what you need!</HTML>
Scott
December 17, 2001 08:44AM
<HTML>You're right, there was too much information in that. ;-)

...unfortunately, none of it helped. I'll bugger around with the thing some more, but it's not looking good, as nobody else seems to have this problem, and I can't reproduce it.

But at least you've got some working multimon stuff goin'.

-Scott</HTML>
Charles
August 13, 2003 11:05AM
I have the same problem with using the next monitor plugin.

I am running :

StrokeIt .9.2a
Windows XP Pro
RIVA TNT2 PRO
3DLabs PERMEDIA2

I have no problems with other multiminotr functions.
I can use the builtin nvidia hotkeys and those work for moving applications from monitor to monitor.

With the StrokeIt plugin a Maximized application goes no where.

I have done a work around using the follow commands:
Restore Window = win, max_rest
Move Window to next Monitor = multimon, NextMonitor "checked"
Maximize Window = win, max_rest

The workaround works fine though

Charles
Jay
May 21, 2008 10:08AM
I have the same problem as well. Next monitor works fine as long as it is not a maximised window. However if I do it on a maximised window it looks like it simply does a window restore and then a maximise window straight after.

I am on XPSP2 and the display adapter is a Intel 965 Express Chipset (Lenovo notebook).

Any solutions?

Thanks,

Jay
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 20?