Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

On screen character input

Posted by random0101 
On screen character input
April 06, 2007 08:34AM
Hey all, i've gotta say first off that this is the single best piece of software I have seen in 20 years of computing, absolutely genius.

Theres just one thing that i want it to do....

I want to be able to draw characters on the screen to then input them into forms, documents or anywhere. When im away from the keyboard I have to use the Virtual Keyboard (Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Accessibility) to input characters in website forms.

The thing that annoys me is that I use the gesture Z to load the Virtual Keyboard and then im stuck with only the mouse pointer to type in keys, obviously the equivalent of using one finger to type.

I was thinking why not have StrokeIt capture the gesture and save it as a letter and display it on the document. If I draw a S then a T the ST will appear inside the text document or wherever the cursor happens to be. Does that make sense?

For example I would like to have been able to type this whole post with StrokeIt by just drawing the character on screen.

All the features already exist, its just a case of adding an option for StrokeIt to go into text input mode (maybe by right clicking on the taskbar icon to change colour) instead of executing a stand gesture.

It would be a kind of hand writing recognition or a tablet thingy that graphics designers draw on except that it would be using a mouse instead of a pen.

Have I sold this idea yet? What you all think?
ks
Re: On screen character input
March 13, 2008 05:07PM
try combining strokeit with autohotkey for more flexibility (www.autohotkey.com)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 6?