Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Using together with Gesturefy in Firefox (browser gestures)

Posted by murat2007 
Using together with Gesturefy in Firefox (browser gestures)
February 18, 2019 09:59AM
___ Offtopic
First of all, I want to say thank you for developing this program. I first saw this concept in firefox and then thought, "hey why don't use this kind of gestures in the whole system". I found StrokesPlus, Fastkeys and strokeit. I tested strokesplus, but strokeit is better and seems also be further devloped for gestures than fastkeys (which i didn't test myself, i saw the screenshots).

I'm happy with it and use many default actions and also added switching between virtual desktops in windows 10 (ctrl+win+left/right) and also added window switchting (win+tab).
____

Now it would be perfect if I could use this program together with firefox gesturefy (which allows many actions that strokeit cannot do, because there are no shortcuts for it; e.g. close all tabs right from current tab).

Two possible solution:
a) Make it possible to temporarly disable gestures by a simple start gesture: E.g. everytime you make a "right gesture" with strokeit gesture recording stops by it, and gesturefy gets the following gestures.

b) Definite a space (e.g. on top ui in firefox where firegestures don't work) where strokeit is allowed to record.

How do you combine strokeit (system gestures) with gesture (browser specific gestures)? I think everyone who is a fan of gestures will also use them specificly in browser?
Re: Using together with Gesturefy in Firefox (browser gestures)
February 18, 2019 10:18AM
Ok, i suppose both solutions are not ideal.

a) longer gesture
b) first move to a special space

What i try at the moment is, to use "vimium" which adds more keystrokes to firefox. That i can use with strokeit.

____

Yeah, works. So for the later reader. Just use vimium in firefox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2019 11:04AM by murat2007.
Re: Using together with Gesturefy in Firefox (browser gestures)
April 14, 2019 10:50PM
What you could try is using different mouse buttons: make Stroke It gestures while pressing down the right mouse button, Gesturify gestures using the left or middle button. Or buy a mouse with more buttons: mine has lots, and I am very happy I got it.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 2?