Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Finally! a worthy Linux alternative (and maybe better!)

Posted by amit 
Finally! a worthy Linux alternative (and maybe better!)
December 04, 2016 01:38AM
After several years of hunting, I finally found something worthy of use in Linux. Now I can go back to my favorite operating system.

The solution is easystroke, a very powerful tool developed by Thomas Jaeger (awesome guy!!)

While Strokeit is still somewhat "smoother" than easystroke, the difference is negligible.
On the other hand, easystroke has a few powerful features that strokeit does not.

For instance we can have multiple button triggers, so I have configured different buttons to trigger the same gestures, left click and right click.. The left click one is awesome; we dont need a mechanical button on the touch pad. We just double tap-release-tap-drag for stroke. Its really amazing how simple life can be. Few quirks such as waiting for timeout to actually use left click-drag is worth the hassle.

In Strokeit I can do it too.. and its really smooth. Only problem is I lose the right click gesture button as I can configure only one at a time. This is annoying as my mind is mentally used to right click too and I need both. Is there any solution to this?

EDIT: Once I get time, I'll make a video on how to get easystroke to behave exactly like strokeit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2016 01:44AM by amit.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 17?