Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

AAAARGH!!! External Monitor/laptop alignment isues!

Posted by Matthew Neesley 
Matthew Neesley
AAAARGH!!! External Monitor/laptop alignment isues!
April 01, 2016 05:44PM
I absolutely love StrokeIt, I've used it with AutoCAD for years. Now I have to use a laptop and an external monitor at a new job, and I'm having a really annoying problem. The gestures draw perfectly normal, following the cursor on the laptop's screen...but on the external monitor, the gestures are drawing off to the right of the cursor by almost 6"!

I also installed StrokesPlus, but I get the same exact nonsense. AAAAARGH!!! WHYYY???
Re: AAAARGH!!! External Monitor/laptop alignment isues!
April 04, 2016 06:56AM
Curious. I have two external monitors at 1600x1200 and a tablet at 2160x1440 and I have no issues... What are your resolutions and how is your extended desktop set up? Are you using "recommended" resolutions?
Matthew Neesley
April 08, 2016 12:45PM
Well, I actually have my external monitor set-up as my "main" monitor now, so it's all good. StrokeIt still has the offsetting problem on the smaller laptop screen, but that's why I have the bigger monitor, for my main work. Boo Yah!
January 28, 2018 03:22AM
This issue is due to different scaling on your monitors. You need to have both at 100% else you will get the offset on the second screen or on some applications that are handling the scaling differently (like Thunderbird).
I've also found if you shutdown StrokeIt (from main window) and then restart it, it seems to reset the graphics for the gestures.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 10?