Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Colored line trail offset in chrome and firefox... not under cursor

Posted by septemter15th 
Colored line trail offset in chrome and firefox... not under cursor
September 15, 2014 11:23PM
Hi, I am a longtime fan of this application and have finally migrated up to Windows 8.1. My gestures seem to be working okay however there is a small issue with Firefox and chrome browsers… The "colored line" that normally appears under the cursor as you draw the gesture does not appear right under the cursor… Instead it appears down into the right by about 400 pixels. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggested solutions?
I have this problem, too. Not only in Chrome and Firefox but also in Notepad++.

It happens only on my new Dell XPS 15 laptop that has high dpi (3200x1800) resolution. Can this be the issue?

I don't have this problem on my desktop that also runs Windows 8.1.
I'm pretty sure it is a high dpi issue. I fooled around my screen resolution and lowered it and everything worked. It works even after I set my resolution to maximum. I just hope it stays that way.
I have the exact same issue, but just on Internet Explorer. It works fine on everything else, including Chrome. I wonder if StrokeIt will ever be updated to fix all these compatibility issues that are starting to arise as technology moves on, with higher resolution displays, new operating systems, etc etc.
Guys, I have discovered a potential solution to this problem. It seems like this is a scaling issue on high DPI screens. As soon as I went to the control panel and disabled screen scaling (to small 100%), I no longer have this issue and the trail stays right with the cursor on whatever program that I am using.
Re: Colored line trail offset in chrome and firefox... not under cursor
March 29, 2015 01:43PM
@Samuel thanks for the fix. It does seem to work! to set text sizes larger, go to change only text size" and increase all the sizes.
I think this needs to be fixed in the software. New displays are always going to be made high dpi and we can't depend on this hack.
ive been using this amazing tool since forever - probably since 2007 - its time to request an open source version!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 21?