Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Strokeit on newer touchpads ("clickpads")

Posted by amit 
Strokeit on newer touchpads ("clickpads")
February 07, 2014 12:46AM
Recently manufacturers inspired by apple have started making the "buttonless" touchpad, or more commonly known as the clickpad.
Here are some pictures of it

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/06/clickpad-synaptic-2.jpg

http://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_processed_/csm_Vaio_Touchpad_38a0382add.jpg

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use strokeit the tradational way (right-click+drag)? Or am I screwed?

I don't like using two fineger. I usually use my (right) thumb to right-click and my (right) index finnger to drag. I need to make sure this is possible on those annoying clickpads..

Does anyone have any feedback

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2014 01:12AM by amit.
Re: Strokeit on newer touchpads ("clickpads")
February 07, 2014 01:34AM
From my experience, most of these new touchpads, while not having a visible button, will respond to pressing down firmly in the lower corners; lower right for right mouse button for example.

My wife's laptop has the same thing, but if you press firmly in the lower right corner, it's the same as a right click and you can draw on the touchpad while holding/pressing the corner.

EDIT: After looking at those pictures, I'm not sure they support it...but it's worth a try.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2014 01:35AM by CapersL.
May 08, 2015 03:18AM
I tried it on a lenovo T540P. It is quite crappy. The new clickpads are going to kill the strokeit experience. Why does everyone have to follow Apple. I for one hate the "buttonless clickpads". Who's the genius who came up with the idea? And who decided to follow this genius?? Now almost all new laptops have the crappy touchpad. It seems the days of enjoying strokeit are over.
December 04, 2016 01:43AM
One solution is to configure left-click as the gesture button. Then we can do tap-release-tap-drag to get gestures without having to worry about those weird buttons.
Cowicide
January 15, 2017 05:39AM
xGestures on Mac just allows one to use a modifier key to gesture on a trackpad. No button click needed.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 14?