Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Take screenshot, Open PSP, then paste

Posted by Pr0j3c7:z3r0 
Pr0j3c7:z3r0
Take screenshot, Open PSP, then paste
May 26, 2004 01:39AM
I just started trying to configure a new gesture for about an hour now. Take notice of the keyword 'trying' lol. This gesture(or at least what I had in mind for it to be) will let me take a screenshot of my current screens(I have dual display :-X ), open up PaintShop Pro, wait about 7 seconds for the files to load (enough time to load PSP whether I just restarted, or had it open earlier w/o restarting), and Ctrl+V the image.

This is what I have so far...

1st cmd--Send keystrokes: [snapshot]
2nd cmd--Run - Run Program: PSP, respectively
3rd cmd--Utilities - Delay: 7000ms
4th cmd--Keys - Hotkey: CTRL + V

As the third cmd executes, it seems either the ending of the 7 seconds, or the CTRL + V sends PSP's open window behind all others on-screen.

I don't know if this is a bug, or if I'm just a big n00b and I don't know what I'm doing lol.

Ty :)

Jeff
Re: Take screenshot, Open PSP, then paste
May 26, 2004 07:03AM
Step 3 should be "Activate Window - PSP", otherwise, as you've found out, the keystrokes will be sent to whatever window you drew the gesture over.

-- Jeff
Pr0j3c7:z3r0
Re: Take screenshot, Open PSP, then paste
September 23, 2004 02:23PM
I actually ended up DLing someone's sxp file for screenshot and used that as a template for mine and fixed it, but thanks anyway--that was my problem :)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 21?