Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

StrokeIt work on Windows Vista?

Posted by Allen 
awk
Re: StrokeIt work on Windows Vista?
July 28, 2008 09:32AM
GUYS before you start calling it "abandonware", there are ways to make strokeit work in Vista..

Look at the above posts..
1) for IE, disable "protected mode" (somewhere in "internet options", "security" settings)
2) for getting back trails, go to System properties, performance tab and select "optimize for best performance"

It works for me!!!

The line is back, as good as XP, no crashes (well I've only used it for 2 days now), and also works in IE..

Its a great program.. so please don't give up so easy.

thanks to the guys for suggesting the above fixes.. (all in this forum).. and thanks to Jeff for this tool.
August 02, 2008 07:41PM
what do you mean by system properties?
August 15, 2008 08:54PM
"optimize for best performance" means "crappiest visuals"!
aby
August 15, 2008 09:08PM
1324 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what do you mean by system properties?

I think it means you can right click on My computer, select "properties" and somewhere there's performance tab.
ashish
August 26, 2008 07:23AM
how do u make this work for ie 7 pls , really need t know this ?

i m using windows vista buisness and the lines in stroke it are disabled too ...

the application is not disabled
August 26, 2008 08:07AM
I expect you are running IE7 in protected mode (the default) and StrokeIt cannot interact with it for this reason. You can disable protected mode (Tools > Internet Options > Security) but you will of course decrease your security. What I do is use a plug-in called IE7Pro (http://ie7pro.com/) that has its own gesture recognition (more limited than StrokeIt)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.