Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

StrokeIt work on Windows Vista?

Posted by Allen 
Allen
StrokeIt work on Windows Vista?
September 03, 2006 04:47AM
Does StrokeIt work well on Windows Vista? How about 64 bit?
me
Re: StrokeIt work on Windows Vista?
September 16, 2006 12:36PM
I'm wondering the same thing- anybody tried it with vista 32 or 64bit?
alessandro
September 18, 2006 11:01AM
yes.. it work perfect.... the inly problem is that the yellow line (when you make a gesture) dont see fine.... it have only a graphic problem with the line of the gestures on the screen... but make all the funtions perfect...

alessandro

SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH!
Erik Knepfler
September 21, 2006 02:48PM
I have noticed a few windows in Vista that the strokes do not seem to apply to. They do not even appear. Only very standard and somewhat simpler windows will work. Vista has some different window types for applications that seemingly look the same as any other, yet the strokes don't work.

I hope the Jeff Doozan will continue development of this fine utility to ensure it lives on to work well in Vista.
Rei
September 27, 2006 06:34AM
StrokeIt seems to have stopped working entirely on RC1.

It'd be really nice if I could use it.
Chaendler
October 08, 2006 04:07AM
I'm using windows in Vista pre-RTM (build 5728).
Eveything works fine, except for the annoying problem that the program crashes every few minutes, and you need to restart the program again.

I'm quite sure that Jeff and his team could solve it in few hours, but I'm wondering if they will dedicate the time to solve this this year or not.

Regards.
J.R.
October 11, 2006 03:58AM
I've got it installed on Vista RC2 (build 5744) and, while it /works/, performance is atrocious. The strokes don't show up on screen immediately (I have no timeout on my gestures) and it lags to all hell.

Anyone else run into this? I hope it can be fixed...
strokeit-fan
October 11, 2006 12:13PM
ooo please please please make it work under vista..... im totally addicted on strokeit. on every machine i keep strokeing the screen, even when theres no strokeit installed.

yesterday updated my machine with vista RC2, and my favorite tool wont work :( :( i actually thinking of goin back to xp because of this
strokeit-fan
October 11, 2006 12:17PM
yeaaayyy!! just disable the colored line in your strokeit preferences, and it works like a charm!
Chaendler
October 25, 2006 02:51PM
Yes, it works, but it crashes every few minutes, at least for me.
November 25, 2006 01:26PM
So, has anyone tried StrokeIt on Vista RTM?

I'm not going to upgrade until I know it works! :)
ramy_maia
November 25, 2006 05:50PM
yes i tried it on the RTM version, it works but have the same issue of J.R the gestures take long time to appear on the screen, so you should disable the colored line
Michael Flanakin
November 27, 2006 10:16AM
I've tried it on the Vista RTM and it doesn't work at all. At best, lines are VERY slow to draw, but they don't do anything.
Tell
December 09, 2006 07:26PM
It work without colored line,(build MSDN 6000)
Thread
January 23, 2007 08:06AM
Yes, confirmed - works here on Vista Enterprise build 6000, in Aero Glass mode. As posters above said, one has to disable the colored line for it to work. This is the single most useful utility I've ever found - it would be much appreciated by me (and it seems, many many others!) if it could be updated to work fully with Vista. Here's hoping :)
Rei
January 31, 2007 01:58AM
Yep, it works, for the most part.

It doesn't seem to pick up the scroll gestures though...
Eric
February 02, 2007 07:50AM
I installed the Business Version of Vista and Stroke it works except in internet explorer 7.
Rei
February 02, 2007 11:18PM
Strange, it works fine in IE7 for me. I didn't have to change any of the settings or anything. Vista Business here too.
Eric
February 03, 2007 02:35PM
Rei or anyone else,

I had IE 7 running before upgrading to Vista and Stroke-it ran well for me.

I did not do a clean install. I just did an install/upgrade over XP (home) with all the current updates. My Vista (Business) has all the updates installed.

I just re-installed Stroke-it and still does not work in IE 7, but works fine in all the other applications that I have used with it.

If anyone has any ideas, I sure would like to know how to fix it...

Eric
Rei
February 04, 2007 01:29AM
Have you tried reassigning reassigning the application under the StrokeIt settings window? Mine is set to CLASS:IEFrame.

If you use the Finder tool to find the IE window, be sure to put it over the title bar of the window; otherwise it might select a child window instead.

Also, check to see that it's not under Disabled Apps for some reason.
Eric
February 04, 2007 07:39AM
Rei,

Thank you, that fixed it!

I did not have that class at all, added it and now Stroke-it works like a champ with IE 7.
Rei
February 04, 2007 02:39PM
Luis
February 05, 2007 10:10PM
Yes, I am using it on Vista Business, final release.
No problems so far, as long as you DISABLE the gesture line.
ENJOY!
beefstick
February 07, 2007 09:04PM
It crashes for me about 30% of the time I try to use it. I just tried to use it with newleecher and it crashed my machine HARD.

Any word on a upcoming fix?
beefstick
February 07, 2007 09:04PM
err...newsleecher.
Trey
February 13, 2007 01:57AM
No luck in IE7 for me. I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-Bit. Tried all three app identification methods, and even deleted the whole "disabled apps" bit.

Trail is turned off, btw.

Do you have to disable the application protection thing or whatever?
Dave
February 15, 2007 08:33PM
I am having problem in IE7 as well. Everything else works beautifully when you turn the line drawing feature off (I never use anyway). I tried all of the suggestions listed and nothing seems to work. [I'm running Vista Ultimate]

This is the single most valueable piece of software I have used in the last 3-4 years. Is there still any active development? Doesn't look like a release has been made since 2005.

Here's to hoping!
Allen
February 16, 2007 07:52PM
try using the maxthon browser, which is based on ie7...see if that works
Ong Dia
March 09, 2007 01:32AM
I am running:
Vista Home Premium 64 bit (Retail, Full Install)
IE7 ver: 7.0.6000.16386 64-bit Edition

StrokeIt installs in the Program Files (x86) directory which means it is in 32Bit mode.

Only problem I had was that it was slow until I turned off the Color Lines. But everything is fine !!!!!!!!!!!

btw: I am PC admin
c20h25n3o
March 11, 2007 11:04AM
I seriously switched back to XP because Stroke It is not working on Vista Ultimate x86.
Please fix this so we can use Stroke It the way we like it.
I CANNOT USE MY PC WITHOUT IT!!
Stroke it is the BEST ever!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.