Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Switch Tasks

Posted by B4 
B4
Switch Tasks
April 20, 2003 06:40PM
Thanks for a great program. It seems it might have application for users with disabilities.

I cannot get the switch task command to work, although all others work well, and I've added a couple of my own. I saw in the forum this was a problem in earlier releases, but I've just downloaded 9.2a (no previous versions on my PC). I'm using StrokeIt under WinXP. I plan to demo next week at work (communications disorders clinic in a Boston hospital) to clinicians to determine potential use for alternate access for patients. Task switching would obviously be quite important (I can easily min all or max all, but cannot switch).

Thanks for a great program. Hope you can help.

Jeff
Re: Switch Tasks
April 20, 2003 10:25PM
Task switching on WinXP was inconsistent at best using the next/prev task commands in the plugin, so I disabled it on WinXP only. As a workaround, you may want to try out Leo's suggestion in this thread:

[url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?f=3&i=492&t=490]http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?f=3&i=492&t=490[/url]

I would also be very interested in hearing any ideas or suggestions that you may have for improving StrokeIt for accessibility purposes.

-- Jeff
Martin Kemp
Re: Switch Tasks
April 24, 2003 04:52AM
Hi Jeff! Great program. I bet you've had a few hits since the post on The Register (www.theregister.co.uk)

I've never used next task and prev task in the way you've described ([ALT_DOWN][SHIFT_DOWN][TAB][SHIFT_UP][ALT_UP] seems awfully complex to me). But I do use ALT/Tab to switch between two windows a lot. To this end I just set up the up/right gesture to do:

[ALT_DOWN][TAB][ALT_UP]

Which works fine for me.

Martin Kemp
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 9?