Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Updated Translations Needed

Posted by jeff 
Updated Translations Needed
December 11, 2009 12:01PM
If you would like to see your favorite language included in the native-language builds, please use the online translation tool to submit translations for any files missing a translation. If you would prefer to do the translation offline, you can always grab the translation pack and edit the files in your favorite text editor.

As an incentive, I will provide license keys for the Pro version to anyone submitting a new translation.

-- Jeff

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 02:36PM by jeff.
Re: Updated Translations Needed for StrokeIt .9.7
January 11, 2010 02:59AM
I think I'll do Thai translation. Actually I just submit exec part. I do have one question though. For some words/phase that there is no good translation, should I just leave it blank or do you want me to type how to write that in Thai?
Leo
January 11, 2010 07:00AM
Hello Hypernova,

if there is no good translation imho you should translate the text that a "normal" user knows what is going on.

So I vote that you write that in Thai.

Thanks

Leo
January 11, 2010 12:08PM
I see. I agree with that. I'll do that then. Thanks for your input Leo.
January 11, 2010 11:39PM
Wait, now I read jeff post carefully, he said this is for .9.7. Do you still want a translation? (and will I get enhenced license? :P)

I'll probably go very slow since I'm pretty busy with school this term.
January 12, 2010 08:02AM
We can always use new translations and Thai would be great!

When you finish the translation, I'll send you a demo of the installer that you can double check and if that's good, we'll share it with everyone. And, of course, you will get a license for the Pro version :)

-- Jeff
Re: Updated Translations Needed
January 12, 2010 10:20AM
Great :) I'll keep working on it.
Thomas Daggla
January 13, 2010 02:52AM
I finished the Dutch translation.
After the installer, I also translated the two that were left.

If there is anything else I need to do, please let me know.
Stroke It is the first application I install when I reinstall windows, so I'm always willing and able to do something back. :).
Leo
January 13, 2010 05:33AM
Hello Thomas Daggla,

I vote for making a commercial video of StrokeIt Pro in action if you have your license.

something like this but better :P. gmote This one is good but not commercial like mausgesten.cc

Greetings

Leo
Tom
January 14, 2010 04:40AM
Wanted to do dutch but I see its already done :(
CZtranslators
January 21, 2010 10:56PM
Hello Jeff,

thanks a lot for new version, we worked on translate previous czech language files and also we are interested in update czech language files. So we found a bug in online translate system. This systesm dispaly incorrect chracters with diacitics. Can you help us solve this problem, please?

Best Regards
CZtranslators
Leo
January 22, 2010 07:30AM
Ok I am not Jeff, but you can simply grap this and send it to the email in the about box.

Thanks

Leo
January 22, 2010 08:28AM
This might come from the fact that StrokeIt uses ANSI coded language files, therefore they may or may not contain all your language specific characters. I had the same situation when translating them to Hungarian.
February 15, 2010 09:01PM
Hello Jeff,

I am the original author of the Danish translation, and I am currently working on an updated translation of StrokeIt including corrections for the old translation.

However, I need some clarification on the online outdated installer translation, line 22 "Unable to elevate". Please explain the purpose of this error message.

Best regards

Jørn Trebbien
Leo
February 16, 2010 03:31AM
Welcome Jørn Trebbien,

I translated this with "You don't have the rights to install"
"Unable to elevate" to administrator
equals
Failed to become administrator / main user
-bad password or missing rights

Regards

Leo
February 17, 2010 01:42AM
Hey Leo,

Thank you for the information, now I can wrap up that section. :)

Best regards

Jørn Trebbien
February 17, 2010 08:20AM
Hello again,

I have finished translating all the sections. There were a few lines that left me puzzled, so I left some comments in the comment box for the respective sections.

FYI, I think I forgot to mention this but "e-mail" (and a few other IT words) are now official loanwords in the Danish dictionary. Ofcourse, these have also been corrected throughout the translated sections.

Best regards

Jørn Trebbien
March 01, 2010 01:30AM
Oh, I'm not sure I am supposed to correct existing translations, but I have done so; there were some minor errors in the Dutch translation (rather the type of error that anyone will make who submits his manuscript to a professional editor for the first time). Four eyes see more than two. I haven't done the Base part yet.
Marko Binic
April 27, 2010 05:23PM
Hello,

I've made a Serbian translation - latin, cyrillic and ANSI-only latin. I see that StrokeIt currently only supports ANSI, but if/when you choose to make it unicode-aware you'll have the correct strings. You can get the files from my site here: [mxs.bergsoft.net].

I had to change some of the keyboard accel chars due to language differences, but I think I managed to avoid clashes. Also, I tried using the same accels and phrases as used in the Windows 7 Serbian UI translation, to keep them consistent. BTW you have a shortcut clash in the command editor dialog - &Edit in the main menu and an &Edit... button.

Keep up the good work and thanks for a great utility!
May 06, 2010 07:59PM
I am on Korean translation...
bitERROR
June 10, 2010 11:15AM
Hi, I downloaded the last spanish version from [www.tcbmi.com], made by Dapobe/SanMi. I've used these files to perform the translation to Catalan language and it's done.

How can i send you the files ¿?
Leo
June 10, 2010 05:39PM
Hello bitERROR,

Thank you for your translation !

> How can i send you the files ?

1) Use the Online Translation link

OR

2) Send your file to the e-mail in the about box from StrokeIt.

best regards and have fun

Leo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2010 05:43PM by Leo.
bitERROR
June 11, 2010 04:59AM
Hi Leo,

Thanks for the information. I have sent e-mail to the address in the about box of my StrokeIt 9.7.

Thanks for coding StrokeIt

PD: Of course, I want my license key for the pro version, pls! :)
Leo
June 11, 2010 11:43AM
Hello bitERROR,

I am only Mod here. Jeff do all the hard work and perhaps you get your license key. We will see.

with best regards

Leo
July 12, 2010 05:56PM
Haha, sorry for my late reply. (see [www.tcbmi.com])
But I am definitely willing to help "spread the word" if you have anything in mind. I seriously cannot work without it anymore.
Please note I am not that creative. Only thing I can do is translations and SEO/analytics stuff. :P.

Btw, a while ago I was rewarded a pro version for my translations, is there any way I could get that email again?
Still using the same email address, so if it's possible please send it there.
Many thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2010 06:03PM by Daggla.
July 12, 2010 06:26PM
Thanks for the quick response :)
Marcin Grudzień
July 20, 2010 12:41PM
I work as a translator. Assuming the current translation to my language sucks big time (which is the case), if I redo it, will I still get the license keys for the pro version?
October 14, 2010 03:04AM
I just bought a new PC and did a fresh install..
Is there anyway to send me a PM with the link to the upgrade I got for doing the translation..?
Last time I got an email, but can't find it in Thundebird...

[edit]
I will translate the Dutch file, which is available now, again. :).
[/edit]
No new translation needed I see. If you guys do need some more Dutch translations, just send me an email.
I would gladly help.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 03:06AM by Daggla.
October 14, 2010 11:42AM
Nederlandse SI-gebruiker, gegroet! Misschien kun je beter een persoonlijk bericht aan Jeff zenden.

[Translation: Greetings, Dutch SI user! Perhaps you'd better send a private message to Jeff.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 11:43AM by Cerberus.
October 14, 2010 12:04PM
Hi Cerberus,

Thanks for the tip.. I contacted Jeff via the "contact us" about "licensing".
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.