Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

xpcom.dll not found?

Posted by TF 
TF
xpcom.dll not found?
January 02, 2005 08:54PM
Often when I use stroke-it in Firefox I get an error that pops up with the following message:

StrokeIt: strokeit.exe - Unable to Locate C...

This application has failed to start because xpcom.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Any ideas about what could be causing this? The error only occurs when I use stroke-it to do the commands and not when I do the actual keystrokes (or press buttons to minimize, etc.)
CW
Re: xpcom.dll not found?
February 06, 2006 06:54PM
I get a similar problem only it is "The procedure entry point NS_ Alloc could not be located in the dynamic link library xpcom.dll"; this only happens when using stroke-it to min/max/restore firefox. Have not found a solution yet. Using win XP tablet edition (SP2) .
CW
February 06, 2006 10:41PM
The xpcom.dll from the OpenOffice suite works; it removes the error I had, and seemed to work fine except it broke the GeckoTIP extension I need to make firefox work well with my tablet PC. If you don't have a Tablet PC using the OpenOffice xpcom.dll might work.
CW
February 08, 2006 11:08PM
Partial solution to my problem: Send keystrokes. Instead of using the strokeit minimize command use the "Keys- Send Keystrokes" command and send the appropriate keys ie to maximize:

[ALT_DOWN][SPACE_DOWN][SPACE_UP][ALT_UP]x

Unfortunately this won't restore the window to it's previous state if it is already maximized as the Stroke-it maximize command does.
Malorkus
April 19, 2006 03:41AM
To fix this problem try copying the XPCOM.DLL from your firefox install directory into the windows system directory.
Amitabh
November 20, 2006 01:03AM
to fix this problem with XP tabletPC edition 2005, copy the three files from
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32"

xpcom.dll
nspr4.dll
xpcom_core.dll
plc4.dll
plds4.dll
bing rivera
September 30, 2008 12:46AM
The xpcom.dll from the OpenOffice suite works; it removes the error I had, and seemed to work fine except it broke the GeckoTIP extension I need to make firefox work well with my tablet PC. If you don't have a Tablet PC using the OpenOffice xpcom.dll might work.
shauna ward
December 23, 2008 02:07AM
TF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Often when I use stroke-it in Firefox I get an
> error that pops up with the following message:
>
> StrokeIt: strokeit.exe - Unable to Locate C...
>
> This application has failed to start because
> xpcom.dll was not found. Re-installing the
> application may fix this problem.
>
> Any ideas about what could be causing this? The
> error only occurs when I use stroke-it to do the
> commands and not when I do the actual keystrokes
> (or press buttons to minimize, etc.)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 7?